10 Tips for Picking Paint Colors
See how a color palette combining a rich navy blue with pure white accents makes this master bedroom an ideal space for resting and relaxing.See the Master Bedroom
Popular Videos: Picking Paint Colors 7 Videos
Think About Your Mood
Pay Attention to Lighting
- Natural daylight shows the truest color;
- Incandescent lighting brings out warm tones and yellows;
- Fluorescent lighting casts a sharp blue tone.
Design by Andreas Charalambous
Learn the Color Terms
- Hue is what we call a color. Red is the hue; blue is the hue.
- The value of the hue is how light or dark it is.
- Saturation refers to how dominant the hue is. As we go from red to pink, the red hue becomes less dominant.
- Intensity is the brilliance of the color. The pure colors such as
red are more intense than the combined colors such as yellow-green. A
stronger intense color usually has a more dominant hue.
Design by Shelly Riehl David
Test Your Color Choice
Design by Sherrill Canet
Add Depth With Decorative Finishes
Design by Payton Addison
Walk Into Another Room
Design by Amy Bubier
Follow the Color Wheel
Number one color rule for a small space? There are no rules! Mixing colors can help bring a personal touch to your space.
Play Up Monochromatic Schemes
Design by Nicole Sassaman
Choose Different Paint Finishes
Design by Lori Dennis
Painting Dos and Don'ts
Follow these helpful hints for your next painting project.
By: Jennifer Huskey
TOCON Pro Painters